I am starting up a meme. It is called the “As dangerous as a midnight coffee” meme.
Blurb: Five songs for going nuts when IT HAS TO BE DONE. This isn’t the Nike Just Do It song list of inspiration. It is a savage beast that attacks your weaknesses, and gives you the perspective of sickness, thus forcing you to be stronger. The songs have to currently be on a portable music playing device that you listen to at midnight brewing a coffee and getting ready to attack IT (or comparable scenario).
5) “PM’s Love Theme Song” Love Actually OST, Craig Armstrong. It sounds a bit like the theme music to The West Wing, but with triumphant British sex.
4) “The Power of Love” Various places (I have Greatest Hits), Huey Lewis & the News. Yeah, Patrick Bateman and Deloreans. Metrosexual serial killers and time travelling. I think this is capitalism’s theme song. I’ve got a theme song vibe going on here.
3) “Anyway You Want It” Revolutions per Minute, Rise Against. I am shaking something, it may be the Foucault book I am holding or it could be my booty. Or it could be an earthquake. In that case I’d better put some clothes back on.
2) “Call On Me” Eric Prydz. If I ever became a Bateman, this is the song that would do it for me. Theme song to a future serial killer… who time travels.
1) “Everchanging” The Unravelling, Rise Against. Heroic Bergsonian neo-Punk. You just know this is some fucked-up shit. It is capturing the depths from where I am propelling myself. Perfect.
Let’s see. If at all possible I would like to have responses from five: